B.C. (Before Covid)

Hey everyone! Today I wanted to just post quickly some thoughts!

So today I went to the store, one I used to go to all the time BC (before COVID). And I found myself feeling...nostalgic. Definitely nostalgic. I so so miss the time when whenever I was hungry my mom and I could hop into the car and go to the store to buy some food. Pick up the fruits and packages without gloves, breathe the air of the store, and not through a mask. It's sad to think that we can no longer do that!

I really miss the old times of carefreeness, and today in the store it really made me compare it all. So much preparation, so much caution for everything, stay six feet apart from everyone and don't touch anything (my mom was with gloves and she was the one touching and getting stuff). I've gone to the store bout two or three times during this quarantine (for me here in Washinton it started around March 9th), and this was the first time I've really thought about it. 

I guess by this time I've realized that this is going to be the 'normal' for a while and it felt weird. I was thinking about what it would be like after this is all over (assuming it ends) and I realized I still wouldn't feel comfortable being within six feet of someone. I wouldn't feel comfortable touching things at the store. Seeing all this happening, staying at home, wearing a mask when going out, I don't mind it, and I respect its purpose. I'm only trying to figure out how it will affect me and my peers when we're out of this.

Maybe at some point, I'll become sick of it and just go "screw this" and be normal again when the time comes. Maybe I'll never not wash my gummies before eating them again! Yes, I do that! Otherwise, I have to wait a few days for the package to decontaminate.
You haven't lived life in 2020 until you've asked yourself, wait did I wash the cheese? Did I wash the milk? Darn, did I wash this bag of chips?! (the packaging of course, that would be even weirder otherwise. My family's not that crazy yet)



(Image is from the Périgord Region, France, Château de Beynac, Summer 2017)
Anyways! At the store, I got Marion Berry Jam Biscuits which I will post about tomorrow!!
See you then!

-Victoria 

Comments

  1. The picture is from Périgord Region, France, Château de Beynac, Summer 2017

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts