A poem about Lies!!

 Lies

By Victoria Tchervenski


I am never satisfied until I hear a lie

Tell me a falsehood and I’ll smile, not pry

With one un-truth, more may unfold

Until lies a story, otherwise untold


I am never satisfied until I hear a lie

One I will follow, without a sigh

A fabrication, intriguing, though fiction

Through temptation, I lie with ambition


I am never satisfied until I hear a lie

For one that tells none, they only imply

There is no imagination, none to sail by.

A person so truthful, and honest and true,

There is nothing to see through

And nothing to do


I am never satisfied until I hear a lie

A story to add to, a faux name to go by

What adventure to go through if honor rules all,

What is there to do, are we only to stall?


The inevitable occurs, a lie must be told

For lies stuck on your tongue

Will never unfold

For lies you hold in

A story withheld

A life disenchanted, truly impaled.


Defy the truth, only you can define

I am never satisfied until I hear a lie.


______________

I made this poem for my English class and I wanted to share it here as well!! These are my thoughts on lies :D

Comments

Popular Posts